Typical White Folk (Republicans) Are Scared of Me

Ok, see this is WAY different than Barack Obama's comment about "typical white folk". I mean it was like soooo... a little different. It was altogether... uh... not any different at all in any way shape or form. See because many white peoples are terrified of the black peoples. And wide recognition of this fact, makes the "typical" part of "typical white folk" altogether appropriate. Also, nobody has ever used the term "typical black folk" ever. See?

Via Wonkette

Uh oh, you naughty man, Roland Martin, playing the devilish Steele Game again. In today’s edition of “How did Michael Steele take the bait this time,” the communist CNN contributor Roland Martin, in his side gig for a black people thing called NewsOne, interviewed the triumphant cow and dared put forth this snare: “One of the criticisms I’ve always had is Republicans — white Republicans — have been scared of black folks.” Yeah, ever come across anything like that, Michael Steele?

STEELE: You’re absolutely right. I mean I’ve been in the room and they’ve been scared of me. I’m like, “I’m on your side” and so I can imagine going out there and talking to someone like you, you know, [say] “I’ll listen.” And they’re like “Well.” Let me tell you. You saw in Christie and you saw in McDonnell a door open because they went in and engaged.

Just a reminder that the year is 2009, and white people talking to black people is still a controversial issue in the Republican party.

Steele: White Republicans are scared of me [The Hill]

4 comments:

bondwooley said... / Nov 10, 2009, 9:38:00 AM  

It's much easier to understand Michael Steele when you know who's coaching him:

http://bit.ly/3ppyiu

(satire)

J said... / Nov 10, 2009, 10:08:00 AM  

We'll sure as hell test out his thesis, and see if the mostly white RNC fires his ass. If they are indeed scared, they'll let him stay and continue to say stupid shit. Ken Blackwell should have gotten the job

reaganiterepublicanresistance said... / Nov 10, 2009, 11:57:00 AM  

You know, I had a genuine post-racial feeling with this guy- not empty rhetoric like Obama, seemed to me he was largely focused on issues/campaigns... so what's THIS all about?

I've defended him on my blog more than once and gave him the complete benefit of the doubt, too- although a bit out of his depth, I thought he'd grow into the job- I like his personality, and hey- at least the guy's got a sense of humor.

But after NY-23 I lost most respect for him... that's largely his fault for letting it go down like that-- he's the boss, and it was botched, that's all I know.

Hey Mike, I'm not afraid of you, man- unless you're referring to your ability to quarterback us through the 2010 midterms that are the one last hope for this country.

We need to get that right, so I'm sure you'll understand it if you get benched-- nothing personal, and CERTAINLY nothing racial about it... you're just disappointing us, that's all.

http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com

bondwooley said... / Nov 10, 2009, 4:31:00 PM  

Understanding Michael Steele is a bit easier when you know who's coaching him:

http://bit.ly/3ppyiu

(satire)

Post a Comment